Have your car seat evaluated and receive information on child passenger safety.
A full 30-minute appointment is needed for each seat in each vehicle. Seats are evaluated for: suitability for the age and size of the child, fit in the vehicle and recall listing. Encouraged for those with children ages 12 and younger, including those in booster seats.
Car seat checks are by appointment only. We are unable to accommodate drop-ins.
The goal of this car seat check is to:
- Teach YOU how to install your car seat properly every time
- Make sure you feel comfortable with the installation of the seat
- Provide you with education and knowledge to protect your child while riding in their car seat
We ask that you have the car seat installed to the best of your ability before coming to the clinic. Also, it is recommended that you bring the following to your appointment:
- The manual for your car seat
- The manual for your vehicle
- If possible, the infant / child who will use the car seat
Car Seat Events & Education are provided to you by the St. Cloud Area Child Passenger Safety Collaborative.
Additional Area Resources for Car Seat Checks
Car Seat Checks may also be arranged BY APPOINTMENT ONLY at the following area police departments:
- For residents of Sartell and surrounding cities, call the Sartell Police Department at 320-251-8186 for an appointment.
- For Waite Park residents ONLY, call the Waite Park Police Department at 320-251-7393 and ask for Alicia.
For any residents of Benton County, call the Benton County Public Health Department at 320-968-5087 for information about available car seat checks.
St. Cloud Hospital Women & Children's Center at 320-656-7021