Registered Nursing Students Summer Internship Program
During this internship, the student will:
- Utilize the nursing process to provide safe patient care.
- Enhance prioritization, organization and time management skills in the delivery of nursing care.
- Complete reports and assessments and collect data in a timely manner to the appropriate clinical site staff.
- Document patient care provided accurately and completely and consistent with clinical site protocols.
- Enhance communication skills with patients, families, coworkers and other members of the health care team.
- Demonstrate accountability for nursing actions consistent with professional standards.
- Demonstrate accountability for personal and professional development.
Under the supervision and delegation of the RN, and as a nursing student enrolled in an academic program, precepted interns will be allowed to perform those tasks/duties with which they have become familiar (via theory) and performed (via clinical) thus far during their nursing education. The nurse intern will work with the preceptor in learning to work with a team caring for groups of patients. Specific nursing procedures that are allowed are identified through an orientation process. This is a paid summer internship.
Length of Program
This program requires your participation for the entire 10 weeks, except in emergency or illness situations. Any exceptions or special circumstances must be discussed during the interview process. The internship begins in early June and is completed in August.
Only active students that are enrolled in a Baccalaureate Degree Nursing program between Junior and Senior year during the summer of 2013 are eligible for this program. All students must be enrolled in an academic course entitled "Internship" (or comparable title) while participating in the program.
Full time hours are scheduled (72-80) per two weeks as dictated by unit scheduling policies. Units vary in hours offered with some offering 8 hours, 12 hours and 8/12 combinations. Weekends are scheduled as every other or every third based on your preceptor’s schedule.
The application process for the 2013 Nurse Intern Program (dates are June 3- August 9, 2013) involves the following:
1. Immediate completion of :
2. To be considered for an interview, we must receive the following items by December 10,
2012. They consist of :
You are responsible for distributing these forms. Note: Your signature is required on each of these forms.
3. If you are accepted for an interview, you will be notified by telephone or by mail early to mid- December 2012.
4. Please contact the St. Cloud Hospital Employment department if your contact
information (i.e.: phone number or address) changes at all during this process. You
may do this by calling 800-835-6608 or 320-255-5650.
You may download and print the PDF forms, provide all required information and signatures, and then return the completed forms via fax or U.S. mail. Or you may contact the Human Resources department at St. Cloud Hospital by phone and request to receive the application forms by U.S. mail. You would then provide all required information and return the completed forms to Human Resources via fax or U.S. mail.
Complete the application form and the instructor reference form and return both to St. Cloud Hospital Human Resources no later than December 10, 2012. Your signature is required on each form for release of information from references. Please review carefully.
All applicants are notified of offers and final decisions by February 25, 2013.
If you have further questions, please contact:
Pamela Rickbeil, RN, MS, APRN, BC, 320-251-2700, ext. 59066,