Student Rotations: MD, DO, NP & PAIf you are a student enrolled in a MD, DO, NP or PA program and interested in a rotation experience at a CentraCare Health System location, please:
1. Complete the Pre-Application Form (PDF)
2. E-mail the completed Pre-Application Form to Diane Gustafson at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can expect to receive an e-mailed response within 1-3 weeks depending on preceptor availability, preceptor response time, and/or if additional information is needed.
Please note that due to the large volume of requests for preceptors, not all requests can be granted.
- There are no student openings with CentraCare Health System preceptors in the specialties of OB/GYN and Family Medicine until at least September 2013.
- There are no student openings with CentraCare Health System preceptors in Pediatrics until at least January 2014.
If a preceptor is available and approves rotation for student (specialty and dates), the following criteria must be met no later than 4 weeks prior to the start of rotation:
- Affiliation Agreement must be signed and established between student’s program and CentraCare Health System.
- School/student must provide objectives for specific rotation. (1-2 pages max)
- School/student must provide evidence of school/student malpractice insurance.
- Student is required to have health insurance.
- Student must complete Application Packet including: Application Form, Hepatitis B/Varicella Form, Confidentiality Form, Drug and Alcohol Acknowledgement Form, and Criminal Background Form (unless current criminal background report is provided by the school), and others as appropriate.
- Student must provide evidence of negative PPD/mantoux within the last year.
- Student must provide MMR immunization history.
- Student will be required to complete on-line education/orientation modules before the start of rotation. This can be done from student's home/off-site.
- Student will be required to complete Epic training (EMR). This is done on-site.
- All forms must be submitted together at one time. Applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
Correspondence via e-mail is preferred; however, questions may also be addressed by calling
320-251-2700 extension 54550, 51826, or 55626.