Health Care Home Team
A health care home team includes your doctor, nurse practitioner or physician assistant and other health care members.
In a health care home, you and your family will:
- Be listened to in a respectful way by your health care home team (or medical care team).
- Be the experts in your needs and your care.
- Be able to see the same provider or health care home team member.
- Be able to talk with your care team.
- Name the family and friends who are important to you and your care.
- Learn about ways you can stay healthy.
- Be able to contact someone about your care needs 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Your care coordinator will:
- Learn about you.
- Involve you and your family as partners in your care.
- Work with you, your family and your care team to develop a care plan.
- Provide time for your questions.
- Offer support, education and links to community services.
- Help you coordinate all of your health care information.
Your provider and health care home team will:
- Offer a safe and accepting setting to talk about your health concerns.
- Care about you as a whole person with respect for your cultural and religious values.
- Give you hope and help you take care of yourself.
- Help you when you are faced with hard choices.
- Provide you with information you can understand.
- Offer choices for care with cost information.