A health care home is:
- Available to you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Your care coordinator is available during office hours.
- When the clinic is closed, our on-call provider will have access to your care plan.
- Provides local health care that best serves you.
Patient- and Family-Centered
- Believes that you and your family are experts in your needs.
- Offers a safe place for patients, families and professionals to talk about health care issues as partners.
- Ensures that you see the same doctor or health care provider over time.
- Provides communication and information exchange between specialists and your health care home team.
- Cares about you and your family.
- Provides necessary health care, including preventive services such as physical exams, immunizations and screening tests.
- Works together with the specialists and therapists of your choice when they are needed.
- Shares information about insurance and other resources.
- Cost is considered and discussed as choices are made.
- Acknowledges and respects every patient’s customs and religious values.
Ashley & Camerynn share their
health care home experience
Sarah, Family Medicine adult patient, shares her health care home experience
Nancy, Adult daughter of a stroke patient, shares her health care home experience
English language: Pediatric care coordinators, Sarah and Kelly, share
how health care home helps patients
Spanish language: Soledad shares her health care home experience
Spanish language: Family medicine coordinator, Veronica, shares how
health care home helps patients
Somali language: What does it mean to b part of a health care home?