Health Care Home Program
Every Child Deserves a Health Care Home
A health care home is a respectful partnership between a child, the child’s family and the child’s primary health care setting.
In a health care home, the child’s family and health care experts are a team. They work together to find and access all the medical services the child and family need.
A health care home is:
- Provides community-based health care at times that best serve the community and the family.
- Accepts state-funded and private insurance.
- Sees the family as the expert in their child’s care.
- Offers a safe place for families and professionals to discuss health care issues as partners.
- Ensures that a child sees the same doctor over time.
- Provides transitional assistance to adult care or specialty care.
- Provides preventive, primary and specialized consultative care.
- Collaborates with specialist and therapists.
- Shares information about insurance and other resources.
- Develops a plan of care with doctor, family and child as a team.
- Offers support, education and links to schools and community services.
- Shows concern for child and family.
- Acknowledges and respects every family’s cultural and religious beliefs.
Medical Home Care Coordination Pediatric Specialist Fax Back Form
CentraCare Clinic - Women & Children
1900 CentraCare Circle
St. Cloud, MN 56303
Pediatrics Clinic, Suite 1300
Health Care Home Case Coordinator