July 26, 2012
(320) 251-2700, ext. 74980
CentraCare sites receive health care home re-certification from state
ST. CLOUD, Minn. – The following CentraCare Clinic sites recently received health care home
re-certification from the Minnesota Department of Health:
- CentraCare Clinic – Health Plaza Family Medicine, 1900 CentraCare Circle, St. Cloud
- CentraCare Clinic – Women & Children Pediatric Clinic, 1900 CentraCare Circle, St. Cloud
- CentraCare Clinic – Becker, 12800 Rolling Ridge Rd, Becker
- CentraCare Clinic – Heartland, 1520 Whitney Court, St. Cloud
- CentraCare Clinic – St. Joseph, 1360 Elm Street East, St. Joseph
- CentraCare Clinic – River Campus Internal Medicine, 1200 Sixth Ave. N., St. Cloud
- CentraCare Clinic – Health Plaza Internal Medicine, 1900 CentraCare Circle, St. Cloud
- CentraCare Health System – Melrose, 525 West Main, Melrose
- CentraCare Health System – Long Prairie, 20 Ninth St. SE, Long Prairie
CentraCare Clinic – Sauk Centre, 433 Elm St. N., Sauk Centre, also received its initial health care home certification this year. The clinic became part of CentraCare in July 2011.
These CentraCare sites have enrolled more than 1050 patients in a health care home as of July 1, 2012.
A health care home is a partnership between primary care providers, families and patients to work together to improve health outcomes and quality of life for individuals with chronic health conditions and disabilities. The primary care provider coordinates specialty care for patients and oversees a treatment plan.
The development of health care homes in Minnesota is part of the ground-breaking health reform legislation passed in May 2008. The legislation includes payment to primary care providers for partnering with patients and families to provide coordination of care.
To be certified as a health care home, providers and clinics must meet a rigorous set of standards that were developed through a public-private stakeholder process, and complete an application and participate in a site visit. Certification represents a transformation of care delivery that can benefit all patients who receive their care in a health care home.
Patient feedback also is an important part of the certification process and one patient commented, "This is the best thing doctors have done for medicine."
"Our providers are committed to providing the best health care for our patients," said Medical Director David Tilstra, MD, CentraCare Clinic. "By focusing on better coordination of health care, we can improve health and manage chronic conditions better, while addressing the cost of health care."
In July 2010, CentraCare Clinic was awarded a $1.3-million grant from the CentraCare Health Foundation to assist with health care home implementation.
Learn more about Health Care Home
# # #