Electronic medical record enhances patient care From Spotlight on Health - Fall 2011
Thanks to a shared electronic medical record, a physician in St. Cloud now can readily access critical medical information about a patient transferred from Wadena, Monticello or Alexandria. Also, physicians in those and other communities can quickly find the patient-specific information that will help them provide the best care possible.
That’s the benefit to our patients when CentraCare collaborates with other Central Minnesota health care facilities on the Epic electronic medical record (EMR).
The following organizations are connected to CentraCare Health System’s Epic EMR:
- Allergy, Asthma & Pulmonary Associates, St. Cloud
- Big Lake Clinic, Big Lake
- Broadway Medical Center, Alexandria
- New River Medical Center, Monticello
- St. Michael’s Hospital, Sauk Centre
- Tri-County Hospital, Wadena and Wadena Medical Center
- Williams Integracare Clinic, Sartell
Other health facilities that will be connected are:
- Douglas County Hospital, Alexandria (November 2011)
- Rice Memorial Hospital, Willmar (February 2012)
- Center for Pain Management, St. Cloud (spring 2012)
- Central Minnesota Neurosciences, St. Cloud (spring 2012)