Student Rotations: MD, DO, DPM, CNM, NP, PA, CRNA & GC Program
If you are a student enrolled in a MD, DO, DPM, CNM, NP, PA, CRNA or GC program and are interested in a rotation experience at a CentraCare Health location, please carefully review and complete each of the following sections.
Application to CentraCare Health for Student Rotation Experience
Print and submit your application to the program coordinator/designee at your school, along with all of the required documentation specified on the application. Once your program coordinator/designee has received your application materials in entirety, he or she will submit them to the Medical Staff Office on your behalf. All communication regarding possible rotations or questions must be between the school and the St. Cloud Hospital Medical Staff Office.
Please note that all application materials must be received in the Medical Staff Office no later than 6 weeks prior to the start of a rotation.
Submission of required application and documentation material does not mean that you are approved for a rotation. The Medical Staff Office will notify you if your requested rotation has been approved or if they are unable to accommodate a rotation experience for you. Applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
Additional Application Requirements (to be submitted with application)
Prior to the start of an approved rotation with CentraCare Health, the following information must also be completed and/or on file with the Medical Staff Office.
- Current Affiliation Agreement between your school and CentraCare Health
- Completion of Mandatory Online Education/Orientation Modules. After all paperwork has been returned and processed, the Medical Staff Office will provide you with a User ID and Password for mandatory online education/orientation (can be completed at your home). This will be communicated via email and must be completed a minimum of 2 weeks before the start of your rotation.
- Completion of Epic training (EMR), done on-site. (An Epic trainer will contact you prior to your rotation to schedule this.)
Student Rotation Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Can I submit my application and forward other documents as they become available?
No. Because of the high volume of student requests, we ask that ALL materials be submitted together to be considered for a rotation experience. Applications with missing documentation will not be considered.
Can I be considered for multiple rotation experiences within CentraCare Health?
No. To accommodate as many student requests as possible, CentraCare Health can only permit one rotation per student.
If I arrange my own rotation with a preceptor, is that acceptable?
All CentraCare Health rotations must be arranged through correspondence with your school and the Medical Staff Office at St. Cloud Hospital, and not directly with the preceptor.
How long will it take to determine if a rotation is available?
Please allow up to three weeks to receive a response pertaining to rotation availability.
The Medical Staff Office will be more successful in arranging a preceptor for you if your school submits your application several months prior to the start date requested. (Preferably, applications should be submitted at least 6 months prior to the requested rotation, but no later than 6 weeks prior to the requested start date.)
How long does it take to process my application, if a preceptor is found?
If a preceptor is found, please allow at least 4 weeks for the Medical Staff Office to fully process your application and clear you for the rotation experience.
If a preceptor cannot be found for my current request, can my name be placed on a waiting list?
Because of the large volume of requests for preceptors, not all requests can be granted, and we are not able to maintain a waiting list for rotations.
I already have Epic experience, so do I need to complete training again?
Yes. CentraCare Health requires anyone using Epic to have specific training on our Epic system. You can communicate your Epic experience to the Epic trainer, so training can be adapted to meet your needs.
Where can I go to fulfill the drug screening requirement?
If accepted for a rotation, you will need to provide evidence of a negative Urine and Alcohol Testing from 7-panel drug screen, which includes Amphetamines, Cannabinoids, Cocaine, Phencyclidine, Opiates, Barbiturates, Benzodiazepines, plus alcohol with adulterants testing.
• You can contact Midwest Occupational Medicine (320) 251-9675, Workmed Midwest (www.workmedmidwest.com), or Mid-Minnesota Drug Testing, Inc. (320) 230-8378 to schedule a time for this test. You may also contact any occupational health clinic that runs the Urine and Alcohol Testing from 7-panel drug screen. You will need to ensure that the clinic/lab you work with conducts the correct test.
• If contacting Mid-Minnesota Drug Testing, Inc., you must indicate you are being tested for “CentraCare Clinicals” when scheduling your appointment to have the results automatically submitted to CentraCare. If you do not indicate “CentraCare” prior to testing, it will be your responsibility to send the results to CentraCare.
• At all testing sites, please instruct the clinic/lab to forward the results (not the Chain of Custody form) to email@example.com. It is the student’s responsibility to ensure this is received in the Medical Staff Office no later than 2 weeks prior to the rotation start date.
Who can I contact with questions that are not answered here?
If you have questions not answered here, please feel free to contact the Medical Staff Office. Correspondence via email is preferred to MSOMedStudents@centracare.com. Questions may also be addressed by calling 320-251-2700, extension 55626.
Where can I park?