This program is intended for health care providers, community members and direct care providers who are caring for people with dementia.
Shifting Caregiving from Crisis to Comfort
7:30 - 8:00 a.m. Registration and Welcome
8:00 - 12:00 p.m. Presentation by Lori La Bey, COS, AOSAD
- Educate caregivers about global and local resources for Alzheimer care
- Raise awareness with new tools of “Consciously Care” model
- Share resources for professional and family care partners
Alzheimer's Disease Research: Past, Present and Future
12:30 - 1:00 p.m. Registration and Welcome
1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Presentation by Patty Carlson, MPH
- Describe the importance and significance of AD research
- Define basic terminology, types of research, and common issues related to the field
- Trace the evolution of theories of AD etiology and its impact on research
- Critically reflect on AD research in both peer review literature and popular news articles
- Explore some of the latest AD research findings and opportunities / implications for the future
This program is sponsored by The Jake and Mary Essen Alzheimer’s Education Fund and CentraCare Health Foundation.