This program is intended for health care providers, community members and direct care providers who are caring for people with dementia.
Caring for Persons with Dementia
8:30 - 9:00 a.m. Registration and Welcome
9:00 - 11:45 a.m. Speaker Presentations
Resource and Access for Persons with Dementia
Kathleen Gilbride, M.Ed
- Knowledge of a Dementia Toolkit/Dementia Friendly Community
- Knowledge of ACT Alzheimer’s Initiative/Access Act Electronically
Reducing Unnecessary Antipsychotic Drug Use
Dean Schmiedt, Pharm.D
- Review the CMS National Partnership Antipsychotic Drug Initiative and learn the goals of the AHCA’s Antipsychotic Drug Quality Initiative
- Identify the importance of non-medication approaches and identification of behavior causes when behaviors occur in those with dementia
- Learn the risks of antipsychotic drug use
12:30 - 1:00 p.m. Registration and Welcome
1:00 - 3:00 p.m. Speaker Presentatation
Susan Voigt, Attorney, Voigt, Rode & Boxeth, LLC
- Identify methods and possible resolutions for preventing elder abuse
- Identify financial exploitation, adverse events, family dynamics.
This program is sponsored by The Jake and Mary Essen Alzheimer’s Education Fund and CentraCare Health Foundation.