Enjoy time with other moms and babies as a health care professional talks briefly about common newborn care issues and then opens it up for discussion about any other topics on your minds, such as infant crying, sleeping or feeding. The Café will serve COOKIES to you while you provide MILK (by breast or bottle) for your baby. Registered nurses from the St. Cloud Hospital Lactation Program will be available for consult and to answer questions about newborn care and feeding. Individual attention is provided in an environment of support. Non-breastfeeding mothers are welcome.
Rotating topics for this weekly class include:
- The Low Down on Breastfeeding
- Finding Fitness as Part of Your New Lifestyle
- Hormone Management: How Hormones Affect our Moods as New Moms
- You Are What You Eat: Nutrition & the New Mom
- Intimacy and the New Mom
- Planning a Lifetime of Health for Your Baby: Food, Fitness, Love and Laughter
- Your Baby’s First Year of Development
- Infant Massage
- Reading your Newborn’s Cues
- Infant CPR High Points and Choking Emergencies
- Car Seat Next Steps
- Resources for Support
This class meets every Thursday from 1:30-2:30 p.m.
No registration required. Drop in with your newborn for any or all classes. Other caregivers welcome, too.
Park in the South Ramp (visitor parking) at St. Cloud Hospital. Take the South Ramp elevator to the third floor. Tell the receptionist that you have come with your baby to go to the Milk and Cookies Café.
St. Cloud Hospital Women & Children's Center at 320-656-7021