This two-hour class meets twice a week working toward individual goals. Classes are small to allow for one-on-one time with the instructor and staff. A family member or friend can join you for the education portion of the class.
This program covers:
- Lung function and treatment of your condition
- Strategies for managing shortness of breath
- Medications (side effects and self-care)
- Oxygen therapy
- Ways to manage your diet
- Symptom assessment and knowing when to seek medical treatment
- Monitored and supervised exercise, tailored to your needs
- Strategies to quit smoking
- Talk to the pulmonary rehab specialists by calling 320-251-2700, ext. 54345.
- Talk to your provider.
- Call your insurance company with benefit questions. Most insurance plans cover the cost of pulmonary rehabilitation.