Classes are presented by a Certified Orthopedic Nurse Educator and Physical Therapist to prepare patients who will have total joint replacement surgery.
An Online Total Joint Replacement Class also is available.
This class will prepare you for the following:
- What to expect before your surgery, during your hospital stay, and after discharge
- How to manage pain while in the hospital and after the surgery
- Learn how to prevent complications of surgery recovery
- Physical Therapist will discuss therapy exercises while in the hospital and when you go home
- Discuss discharge planning and possible equipment you will need to care for yourself after you go home
You will have the opportunity to ask questions about your care.
We encourage you to invite your designated caregiver to the class who will be assisting you with your care during your hospital stay and after your discharge from the hospital.
Classes are held on the Bone & Joint Center (6 NW) at St. Cloud Hospital Tuesdays from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. and Wednesdays from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
For more information, please call the Total Joint Resource Nurse at St. Cloud Hospital at 320-251-2700, ext. 52504.
Directions to Total Joint Class
Please park in the North parking lot or North ramp. Enter through the revolving door at the North entrance. A volunteer is available to assist you in finding the elevator or provide a wheelchair if needed at the North entrance. Take the North elevator to 6th floor. Please follow the red signs in the building to direct you to Total Joint class.