Classes are presented by the Total Joint Specialist and Lead Physical Therapist to prepare patients who will have total joint replacement surgery.
This class will prepare you for the following:
- What to expect prior to surgery, during your hospital stay, and after discharge
- Treatments for pain or discomfort that you may experience after surgery
- Learn how to prevent complications of surgery recovery
- Meet with the Total Joint Specialist RN who specializes in the care of patients who receive a joint replacement
- Physical Therapist will discuss therapy exercises while in the hospital and when you go home
- Discuss discharge planning and possible equipment you will need to care for yourself after you go home
You will have the opportunity to ask questions about your patient experience.
Please bring a family member or friend to the class who will be assisting you with your care during your hospital stay and after your discharge from the hospital.
Classes are held on the Bone & Joint Center (6 NW) at St. Cloud Hospital Tuesdays from 9:00 to 10:30 a.m. and Wednesdays from 3:00 to 4:30 p.m.
For more information, please call the Total Joint Specialist at St. Cloud Hospital at 320-251-2700, ext. 54671.
Directions to Total Joint Class
Please park in the North parking lot or North ramp. Enter through the revolving door at the North entrance. A volunteer is available to assist you in finding the elevator or provide a wheelchair if needed at the North entrance. Take the North elevator to 6th floor. Please follow the red signs in the building to direct you to Total Joint class.