Family Medicine Residency
The University of Minnesota/St. Cloud Hospital Family Medicine Residency program offers a three-year residency in Family Medicine. The program has been in existence since 1996 and focuses on developing caring, competent physicians for primary care practice in communities of the Midwest. To sharpen the focus of our program we recently developed our purpose statement, core values and strategic imperatives.
Our 5/5/5 dually accredited program is St. Cloud Hospital's only residency program. The program's academic sponsor is the University of Minnesota. In 2001 and 2007 our program received full 5 year accreditation from the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Five years is the longest accreditation period granted from the ACGME.
In 2009 we received accreditation from the American Osteopathic Association. We are excited about the opportunity to provide comprehensive osteopathic education as part of our program. Our residency celebrates the diversity and the opportunity to learn from each other by integrating allopathic and osteopathic medicine into our curriculum. We strongly encourage osteopathic medical students to consider our program. Learn more about our Osteopathic Program
The University of Minnesota/St. Cloud Hospital Family Medicine Residency Program provides:
- A comprehensive education for family physicians, including the skills needed to practice in rural communities.
- A strong commitment to osteopathic education including dedicated osteopathic education days and OMT clinics within our Family Medicine Center.
- Instruction in family-oriented primary care emphasizing patient-centered medicine.
- Allopathic and osteopathic procedural training that will enable you to care for the type of problems seen most often in rural settings.
- A supportive environment with a well-rounded and diverse faculty.
- An opportunity to develop lifelong learning skills to help you continue to provide quality care throughout your practice.
- High faculty-resident ratio (1:2).
- Teaching by physician faculty whom, on the average, have greater than 18 years of practice experience as family physicians.
- Continual exploration to enhance opportunities for incorporating osteopathic medicine into our ongoing clinical services.
- Strong commitment and financial support from the sponsoring community hospital.
- Fully integrated Electronic Medical Record (both clinic and hospital).
- 85% of our graduates are practicing in communities in the Midwest, 75% in Minnesota, 60% are practicing Obstetrics, and 45% are practicing in towns of < 30,000.
Learn more about the University of Minnesota / St. Cloud Hospital Family Medicine Residency
View our video
University of Minnesota/St. Cloud Hospital Family Medicine Residency
1555 Northway Drive, Suite 200
St. Cloud, MN 56303
For application inquiries, contact Renee Sauve
Toll Free: 800-575-2982