Melrose Community Campaign
Thank you to each of the 252 donors who contributed $850,873 to the capital campaign in support of the new hospital project. We are well on our way to the $1.5 million goal.
While the project has moved into the construction phase, fundraising efforts are continuing to help support pieces of the project that wouldn’t be possible without the generosity of the community.
CentraCare Health – Melrose is constructing a new hospital to better serve the 11,000 residents in the Melrose service area. This building project ensures that we will be providing the necessary facilities, amenities and resources to ultimately improve the patient care process and foster health care excellence well into the future.
Our Commitment to a Healthy Community
Construction of the $26 million, 53,000 square foot hospital began in June 2016; opening anticipated for winter 2017.
Current plans include:
- 12 private rooms with private bath suite; for inpatient and outpatient services
- Two dedicated labor, delivery and recovery suites
- Two operating suites
- In-house MRI
- Centralized nursing stations to improve efficiency and patient monitoring
- Distinct and inviting emergency entrance
Join us in ensuring that CentraCare Health – Melrose continues to deliver on its vision of service and quality, working to improve the health of every patient, everyday.
Please consider a gift to the Our Commitment to a Healthy Community Campaign. For further information, please contact Julie Baum at 320-256-1807.
New Hospital Construction Update:
Construction continues to progress with 50 to 90 workers onsite daily. Work will continue throughout the winter. Here are a few updates:
- The brick veneer is 100% complete.
- The ballast roof assembly is 100% complete. This is the bulk of the roof work. The remaining adhered canopies are 90% complete.
- Installation of curtainwall storefront glass is 95% complete.
- With exception of a small section along the bistro, the building envelope is entirely enclosed.
- Nischima concrete panels are 25% complete.
- Metal panels are starting 2/13/17.
- Interior wall framing is 90% complete.
- Intensive overhead and wall rough in is 50% complete.
- Interior sheet rocking is 33% complete.
- 15% of the project is painted.
- Many additional scopes have begun such as ceramic tile, flooring, ceiling assemblies and interior glazing.