| Dual Diagnosis Program
The goal of the Recovery Plus Dual Diagnosis Program is to address chemical dependency and mental health issues by increasing patient awareness of how chemical dependency issues affect mental illness.
- Clients have access to psychiatric evaluation to assess medication management needs.
- Clients have access to medication assessment by staff physician and/or psychiatrist.
- Individualized chemical dependency and psychological testing is completed for each client.
- A staff completes a comprehensive chemical dependency and psychological assessment.
- Treatment groups are co-facilitated by a trained chemical dependency counselor and a staff psychotherapist.
- Programming includes nine education lectures per week. In addition, clients participate three days a week in an interactive dual diagnosis lecture with accompanying assignments.
- At the beginning of treatment, each client has the opportunity to participate in individual therapy with a staff psychotherapist if they wish to do so.
- Clients are monitored by staff for depression level and suicidal risk, on a daily basis, as needed.
- Chemical dependency/mental illness-specific education is available for patients’ families.
As part of Recovery Plus, the clients work through AA steps 1, 2 and 3. Aftercare options are available for clients who remain in the St. Cloud area.
An addiction-trained physician and nurse staff the program. Treatment programming is cofacilitated by a licensed LADC and/or trained chemical dependency counselor and a master’s level trained psychotherapist.
Clients who have completed a chemical dependency assessment by Recovery Plus staff or have been assessed by a Rule 25 through their county are eligible for chemical dependency treatment. If the client has a history of mental illness or is currently exhibiting significant symptoms of mental illness, they are placed in the Dual Diagnosis track.
713 Anderson Ave.
St. Cloud, MN 56303
(800) 742-HELP toll-free