| Stimulant Program
In response to the methamphetamine
epidemic, we have adapted our Recovery Plus Program to reflect
the current information compiled by the Matrix
Institute Model for outpatient treatment. This research-based
approach is in line with the programming provided through
the Relapse Prevention Program.
Extended-length programming allows time for the brain chemistry
to stabilize, while addressing self-defeating behavior patterns
that may lead to relapse.
Once abstinence and stabilization are accomplished, the
major focus shifts to relapse prevention to help clients maintain
and enjoy a chemical-free lifestyle. We have developed stimulant -specific
content within the existing structure of our Relapse Prevention
Program to provide our clients with a good understanding of
the physiology of their addiction.
Stimulant-specific topics include:
- issues common to stimulant users
- structure and time management
- sex and intimacy within recovery
- relaxation skills
- medical complications
- assertiveness and self-esteem building
- nutritional issues/body image
- cross addictions
- relationship building
- bio-psycho-social concepts.
Our program places heavy emphasis on the 12 Steps and behavioral
Terrence Gorski and the Matrix Institute.
Additional resources available include:
- on-site individual and family therapy
- medication management
- collaboration with the Drug Court program
- community support services based on individual need
- referral to accupuncture/hypnosis specialist
- stimulant-related inservices at the request of local
Our multidisciplinary team consists of an addiction-trained
physician, licensed counselors, relapse prevention specialists
and on-site psychotherapists.
Stimulant track programming can be accessed through
or integrated with the following programs: full-day primary,
dual diagnosis, partial day, outpatient, halfway house and
713 Anderson Ave.
St. Cloud, MN 56303
(800) 742-HELP toll-free