|Gorecki Guest House - History
The original hospitality house, River Oaks, was a beautiful Tudor home built in 1928 by Robert Saller and was first known as Riverview Heights. After five different owners, the Robert Mahowald family bought the house in 1956 and lived there until 1970 when it was sold to St. Cloud Hospital.
Since first beginning in 1996, St. Cloud Hospital's hospitality house program has served:
- 13,433 guests from:
- all 87 Minnesota counties;
- 47 states and the District of Columbia; and
- 10 foreign countries.
(through June 30, 2012)