| Memory Care Services
St. Cloud Hospital Home Care offers professional assessment and guidance for patients dealing with memory concerns at home. Our team of professionals collaborate with the patient's primary care provider.
Our staff works directly with patients and their families to help identify tips and strategies to help patients maintain their independence and ability to remain at home. Cognitive memory screening is provided at patients' homes by occupational therapists. Screenings assess the patient's cognitive and functional ability to perform daily living activities.
Signs that you or your loved one may need memory care services
- Memory loss
- Increasing forgetfulness
- Difficulty performing daily tasks (dressing, eating, bathing, toileting, etc.)
- Problems with language (word finding or inappropriate word use)
- Disorientation (to time or place)
- Poor judgment or a change in judgment
- Misplacing things
- Mood changes
- Strange or inappropriate behaviors
- Change in personality
- Loss of initiative or depression
What services are offered?
- Comprehensive cognitive memory screening, performed by occupational therapists
- Medication management, guided by registered nurses
- Assessment of language and daily living activities, provided by speech and physical therapists
- Referrals to community agencies and resources
- Education and support for the patient and their caregivers
Most services are covered under Medicare and private insurance.
Patients dealing with memory issues do not have to be home bound to qualify for services. Patients with memory concerns are considered "mentally homebound", meaning they might need to go out in the community with their caregivers because they are not safe to leave home alone for long periods of time.
48 29th Ave. N., Suite 15
St. Cloud, MN 56303
(320) 240-3266 fax
E-mail: Becky Olson
, Intake RN