| Senior Care
St. Cloud Hospital Home Care prides itself on providing high-quality services to seniors at home.
Qualifications for home care include:
- A need for professional medical care at home; which could include a registered nurse, physical or occupational therapist, speech language pathologist or medical social worker.
- Short and infrequent outings, primarily for medical needs. Occasional outings for a haircut, lunch, church or special event are within Medicare criteria for home care services.
- Mentally homebound is when a patient cannot be left alone because of safety reasons related to memory issues or dementia and is within Medicare criteria for home care services.
St. Cloud Hospital Home Care puts the patient first and foremost with the patient’s primary physician overseeing and directing the medical care. Our staff communicates and updates the patient’s physician on the goals of care and any status changes.
Caregiver support is essential for successful recuperation and healing at home. Our staff assesses the special and unique needs of family caregivers by gently reinforcing and teaching the key aspects of care at home. We combine high-tech care with a strong patient-family approach to care.
Senior services at home include:
- Individualized care plans and education of the patient’s diagnosis and medical needs
- Staff who specialize in congestive heart failure, infusion, palliative care, hospice and wound care
- Education and support on caring for patients with memory disorders or dementia at home
- Home adaptations for ease of patient access, safety in the home and reduction of falls
- Rehabilitation therapy following total joint surgeries
- Occupational therapy to guide patient and caregiver in adaptive dressing and personal cares
- Compassionate home health aides who can perform personal cares and assist in bathing
- Professional guidance on when to transition to other health care settings
- Information on local community services to help support patients and caregivers at home
Most insurers cover skilled home care services. Home care charges will be billed to you and submitted to your insurance company (Medicare, Medicaid and/or private insurance). No one will be denied services because of inability to pay. The initial visit is free.
48 29th Ave. N., Suite 15
St. Cloud, MN 56303
(320) 240-3266 fax
E-mail: Becky Olson
, Intake RN