Imaging Services - Patient Instructions
Secretin (Injection) Therapy
What are the other names for this medication?
Secretin, injection, Chirhostim, SecreFlo. There may be other brand names for this medicine.
What is this medicine used for?
This medicine is given by injection (shots) to increase secretions of pancreatic juice or gastrin ( a hormone) before procedures to diagnose:
• Problems in your pancreas
• Gastrinoma ( a tumor that can cause ulcers)
• Other conditions as determined by your health care provider
When this medicine should not be used:
You should not receive this medicine if you have had allergic reaction to secretin. You should not receive this medicine if you currently have pancreatitis.
What should my health care provider know before I take this medicine?
Before taking this medicine, tell your healthcare provider if you have;
• An allergy to any medicine
• Inflammatory bowel disease, recent bowel surgery
• Liver disease
• Drink alcohol on a daily basis
• Had a vagotomy (surgery on the vagus nerve to reduce acid secretion in the stomach)
• Females of childbearing age: Tell your healthcare provide if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant. It is not known whether this medicine will harm an unborn baby. Do not breast-feed while taking this medicine without your healthcare provider’s approval.
• Make sure your doctor knows if you are using medicines such as atropine, dicyclomine, glycopyrrolate, scopolamine, Bentyl®, Robinul®, or Transderm Scop®., other over the counter medicines, vitamins or herbal products.
Providing safe, quality patient care is our highest priority. To help ensure quality and safety, we ask that you do not bring young children with you to your appointments, as children are not allowed to accompany you during Imaging procedures. Staff is unable to monitor your child in your absence.
If you have any questions or concerns, please contact your doctor or contact Imaging Services at (320) 255-5619.
Your appointment is on:
Date: ________________ Time: ________________ at the following location:
____ St. Cloud Hospital - please check in at Door A / South Entrance
____ CentraCare Health Plaza - please check in at Woodlands Entrance
|St. Cloud Hospital
1406 Sixth Avenue North
St. Cloud, MN 56303
|CentraCare Health Plaza
1900 CentraCare Circle
St. Cloud, MN 56303