CentraCare Laboratory Home Collection Instructions
Stool Collection - Fecal Fat (48 to 72-hour collection)
- Patient should be instructed of special diet requirements prior to this test. An appointment will be set up with a dietitian
for this purpose.
- Starting at 8:00 a.m. after following diet instructions, the patient will collect all stool samples for the next 48 or 72 hours depending on the doctor’s request. Special containers will be provided for the collection.
- It is important that all stools collected in the 48 or 72 hours time period be saved and placed in the container provided.
- Stool samples should be covered and refrigerated between bowel movements.
- The collected stool samples should be brought to the laboratory as soon as possible after completion of the collection.
CentraCare Laboratory Patient Instructions
1406 Sixth Avenue North
St. Cloud, MN 56303