Link to Life
Personal Emergency Response System
Independence, health and safety at home are important priorities for people of all ages. Whether you are a family member worried about a loved one who is alone at home or are concerned about being alone at home, St. Cloud Hospital Link to Life, formerly known as Lifeline, can provide peace of mind and comfort that help is instantly available.
Peace of mind at the press of a button
- Easy to use and non-intrusive
- Immediate response 24/7
- Caring and personal attention
- Reduces stress and worry
- Affordable and effective (around $1 a day)
- Alert pendant or wristband (waterproof with audible alert)
- Scheduled reminder messages
- Improves the health and safety of users
How Link to Life works:
Link to Life is an easy-to-use, affordable personal emergency response system that puts a call for help right at a person’s fingertips.
- When help is needed, simply press the waterproof help button, which is worn as a pendant or on a wristband
- Immediately a call is made from a small home communicator to the Care Center, staffed by operators 24/7. Every Care Center representative receives extensive training in care service and emergency response.
- The Care Center staff talks with the individual over a speaker on the home communicator and if necessary calls a friend or family member to check on the person.
- Emergency services are dispatched if needed.
The Care Center provides multi-lingual communication and the most innovative technology in the industry. Reliable services are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Many people do not get a daily visit or phone call; Link to Life can fill the gap. Each day, the subscriber is required to activate a button to indicate all is well. If this is not done, the system alerts Link to Life staff who then calls to verify the individual is safe or a responder is sent to check on them.
The Reminder System allows families to record up to eight personal reminders, such as when to take a medication, to play at preset times. This allows individuals to remain personally responsible with a little help.
Link to Life is recommended for individuals who:
- Live alone, or are by themselves for 3+ hours a day
- Take multiple medications or have complicated dosage instructions
- Want peace of mind about their security, safety and health
- Have vision problems
- Experience muscle weakness or mobility problems when walking or climbing stairs
- Have difficulty climbing in or out of the tub
- Use a cane, walker or wheelchair
- Get out of bed several times during the night to use the bathroom
- Have a history of falling or dizziness
- Are recovering from surgery
- Have been hospitalized in the past year
- Have a chronic illness such as diabetes, osteoporosis, heart disease, congestive heart failure, COPD, kidney failure, stroke, Parkinson's disease, high blood pressure, multiple sclerosis or incontinence
If one or more of these phrases describes you or or loved one, it’s time to consider the Link to Life. Call us today to learn more.
1406 Sixth Avenue North
St. Cloud, MN 56303
Toll Free: 800-835-6652,