| Pediatric Short Stay & Infusion Unit
Did you know your child can receive short stay and infusion services in Central Minnesota?
Our Pediatric Short Stay & Infusion Unit provides up to eight hours of care for children. Patients may need medical observation, but not a hospital stay. For example, the child might need the rabies vaccine or mild sedation for an MRI.
Why choose St. Cloud Hospital for your short stay needs?
- Registered nurses with pediatric expertise. All nurses are trained in pediatric advanced life support and emergency care of children. They provide and monitor:
- Mild sedation for procedures, including a nurse-led nitrous program
- Antibiotic and fluid infusion
- Blood products
- Specialized medicines, such as rabies vaccine, immune globulin, enzymes, etc.
- Port and central line access
- Child life specialists. Our child life specialists prepare children for medical care.
- Facility designed for your child’s needs. We have private rooms with features to control the spread of germs. The area does not feel like a hospital. It has toys, books, art supplies, computers, movies and video games.
- Family support. We encourage families to join our events and advisory councils. These activities allow families to share, learn and inspire one another along their medical journeys. Call (320) 229-4923 for upcoming events.
- Behavioral health services. All children have access to our behavioral health staff. We know emotional issues can arise when learning about and treating a life-threatening or long-term illness.
How do you set up an appointment?
Talk to your doctor or call (320) 229-4923.
How can you prepare for your appointment?
- Download a map and parking information for the CentraCare Health Plaza.
- For your first appointment, check in at Registration in the Woodlands entrance.
- Appointments take 2-4 hours in general, but it depends on your child’s needs.
- You may bring comfort items from home for your child, such as a blanket, teddy bear or pacifier.
- Talk to your insurance company about coverage of services before your appointment.
- A nurse will call you before your first appointment to prepare you for the visit and answer questions. Feel free to call us at (320) 229-4923.
|Free E-newsletter: Subscribe today!
Subscribe to My Healthy News
This free monthly newsletter provides timely information about Parenting, Pediatrics and many other health topics.
Pediatrics Unit (320) 255-5742
Pediatric Progressive Care Unit / Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (320) 255-5742
Cleft & Craniofacial Center (320) 229-5139
Infant & Child Development Clinic /
Infant Apnea Program (320) 255-5781
Pediatric Short Stay & Infusion Unit (320) 229-4923
Pediatric Cancer Services (320) 229-4923
Pediatric Specialty Clinics (320) 229-4908
Pediatric Palliative Care (320) 229-4935