| School of Diagnostic Imaging - Mission & Outcomes
The mission of St. Cloud Hospital’s School of Diagnostic Imaging is to offer competent, entry-level radiographers to the community by providing education in the art and science of radiologic technology that promotes and enhances safety for the patient.
To uphold our mission, St. Cloud Hospital’s Radiology Program embraces the following goals:
- Integrate clinical and didactic education to provide competent, entry-level radiographers.
- Facilitate the development of both oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrate critical thinking and problem-solving skills in the clinical setting.
- Facilitate the development of professionalism.
Students in the program will:
- Integrate appropriate ALARA concepts.
- Produce diagnostic quality radiographs.
- Provide age-appropriate patient care.
- Effectively explain procedures to patients and/or family members.
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication in the healthcare environment.
- Revise procedures based on patient condition.
- Differentiate between optimal and suboptimal radiographs.
- Analyze the aspects of the three professional organizations.
- Develop a personal professional development plan.
- Students will complete the program within 26 months.
- Graduates will express satisfaction with the program and their education.
- Graduates will be adequately prepared to pass the ARRT certification examination.
- Graduates actively pursuing employment will be employed within 6 months of graduation.
- Employers will be satisfied with graduates’ knowledge and skills.
|Employed in Field within
6 Months of Graduation
(of those seeking employment)
|5-Year Employment Average
(within 6 months of graduation)
(8 of 8)
|87.5% within 6 months
(6 of 7)
(34 of 37)
(8 of 9)
(1 transfer student)
(7 of 7)
(32 of 36)
(8 of 8)
(8 of 8)
(33 of 36)
Deanna Butcher, M.A., R.T. (R)
Phone: (320) 255-5719
Fax: (320) 255-5730
Toll-free: (800) 835-6652, ext. 55719