The St. Cloud Hospital Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit has provided comprehensive rehabilitation care in Central Minnesota since 1985.
Our goal is simple: to help our patients lead a more independent life following an illness or injury. Conditions often treated include stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, neurological impairments such as multiple sclerosis, multiple traumas, amputations, orthopedic conditions, as well as many others.
We are pleased to be the first facility in Central Minnesota accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) for our inpatient rehabilitation hospital programs for adults, children and adolescents. We have been CARF accredited since 2009 and received a three-year accreditation in 2012.
What does CARF accreditation mean?
- St. Cloud Hospital has passed an in-depth review of its services.
- Adherence to rigorous guidelines for service and quality, recognized nationally and internationally.
- A commitment to continually improving rehabilitation services.
Not only is our unit highly recognized – you can feel confident that you are receiving care at a Magnet-designated hospital. Magnet is the highest international recognition for nursing excellence.
Choosing a rehabilitation facility
- Start with a phone call. Ask about services offered and if services are covered by insurance and government funding (such as Medicare or Medicaid).
- Take notes. This will help compare service providers.
- Request a tour of the facility and take a trusted friend or family member with for a second opinion.
- Prepare questions to ask:
– How long does it take to begin services?
– Is there a waiting list?
– How often will I receive services and how long will they last?
– How will I or my family participate in planning services?
– What training or licensure does your staff have?
– What are my rights?
– What would my responsibilities be?
– What happens to individuals like me here?
– What can I expect as a result of services?
– What will this cost me?
– If I need transportation, how can you help?
– If I need other assistance, is it available?
– Who can I contact if I have more questions?
The inpatient rehabilitation team is committed to improving the function of each patient so they can live as independently as possible. You and your family are important members of our rehabilitation team. Led by a doctor with special training in physical medicine and rehabilitation, our experienced team includes:
- Rehabilitation physician (physiatrist)
- Rehabilitation nursing
- Physical therapy
- Occupational therapy
- Speech/language therapy
- Orthotic/prosthetic specialists
- Social work case management
- Dietary support
- Pet therapy
- Spiritual care
For more information or to schedule a tour
of our Rehabilitation Unit, call
Inpatient Rehabilitation -
St. Cloud Hospital
1406 Sixth Avenue North
St. Cloud, MN 56303
Phone: (320) 251-2700, ext. 55740