|St. Cloud Hospital Volunteer Services - College Volunteers
We appreciate your interest in volunteering. Volunteer positions for college students are offered during two terms each year: school year and summer.
- Make a difference doing worthwhile work
- Experiencing personal satisfaction and fulfillment
- Gain work experience and build your resume
- Complimentary meal/snack while volunteering
- Letters of recommendation / reference
- Documentation of community service hours
- Developing new interests and exploring career opportunities
- Meeting others and making lasting friends
- Free parking
Most volunteer positions are available Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m. There are limited evening and weekend opportunities.
Volunteer Opportunities - Learn about volunteer positions available.
2013 Summer Student Volunteer Sessions
Volunteer Monday-Friday for four weeks from 8 a.m. - Noon, Noon - 4 p.m. or another 4-hour shift (since some hours may vary by department) for a total of eighty (80) volunteer hours. Students may apply for more than one volunteer session.
- Session #1: June 3 - June 28 (Application deadline May 17 unless session fills up sooner)
- Session #2: July 1 - July 26 (Application deadline of June 14 unless session fills up sooner)
- Session #3: July 29 - August 23 (Application deadline of July 12 unless session fills up sooner)
School Year Term
We require a commitment to volunteering at least 100 hours after orientation. The days and time you volunteer are scheduled according to the needs of our health system and your availability.
For more information, visit our Frequently Asked Questions page
College Applicant Process
Because of the seriousness of volunteering in a health care setting, our training is extensive. Before applying to volunteer, please carefully consider your ability to commit to the program. Requirements include:
Learn more about the Application Process
If you are ready to join the team at St. Cloud Hospital, please submit your completed application, recommendations, letter of interest and immunization records to the Volunteer Office. Application materials will be reviewed and applicants who are selected for an interview will be contacted via
Thank you for thinking of St. Cloud Hospital. We look forward to having you on our volunteer team.
1406 Sixth Avenue North
St. Cloud, MN 56303
Phone: (320) 255-5638
Fax: (320) 255-5817