|CentraCare Health System - Long Prairie
Volunteer Services -
Frequently Asked Questions
What volunteer opportunities are available?
CentraCare Health System – Long Prairie greatly appreciates the help of volunteers. We value the unique skills of individuals and try to match your interests with the needs of the health system. Volunteers may serve in the hospital or long-term care facility.
Volunteers serve in three main ways:
- Assisting staff in patient care and resident areas, which allows you to directly interact with patients, residents and their families.
- Providing information and service to families and visitors, which offers them encouragement and support.
- Working in office capacities to contribute to the smooth operations of CentraCare Health System – Long Prairie.
What kind of people will I be working with?
CentraCare Health System – Long Prairie cares for people of all ages. Its volunteers work with patients, families and visitors of all ages. The long-term care facility volunteers work with senior patients and residents, some of whom have memory loss and require alternative care.
How many hours do most volunteers work?
Any help provided by volunteers is an invaluable asset to CentraCare Health System – Long Prairie. There is not a minimum number of hours required of you to volunteer. Typically, volunteers work 3-4 hours once a week.
What is the dress code?
The dress code is modest, casual attire - we recognize that our appearance represents CentraCare Health System – Long Prairie. Good personal hygiene is expected. A minimal amount of jewelry can be worn. We expect you to refrain from wearing body piercings or displaying tattoos while volunteering. Artificial nail enhancers are not permitted.
What are the benefits of volunteering?
The primary benefit all volunteers receive is knowing that they make a difference in the lives of patients, residents, tenants, their families and staff. Other benefits include:
- Socializing, networking and meeting new friends
- Staying active and healthy while having fun
- Receiving recognition through events, awards and more
- Leadership opportunities
- Receiving discounts from local businesses
- Learning from workshops and training sessions as well as time spent with staff
- Free flu shots
- Special meals
20 SE Ninth Street
Long Prairie, MN 56347
Phone: (320) 732-7259
Coordinator: Sharon Rueter