Our staff is available to answer questions about financial and medical needs. For a personal introduction to our community or to schedule a tour, please call 320-203-2747.
St. Benedict's Senior Community is known for our pioneering approach to memory care programs and housing for individuals with dementia or Alzheimer’s disease. Our expertise in providing memory care is evident in every detail, feature and service offered in our beautifully designed home.
Benedict Homes offers a unique living alternative to individuals whose memory affects their safety. Designed to embrace the unique needs of people with different memory diseases. Residents live in small family settings and are supervised 24-hours a day by trained staff specialized to work with people with memory loss.
Promoting maximum independence in a secure home setting is our priority. All programming and activities are specifically designed for these unique residents, with an eye to comfort and familiarity. Residents and guests can also enjoy a secure outdoor setting with raised flower gardens and a spacious patio.
Learn about our memory care and alzheimer's services
Watch our video to learn more
- Private room (unfurnished)
- Secured environment
- Paid utilities (telephone, heat, AC, electricity, water & refuse removal)
- Telephone and television in common areas
- Specialized programming
- Three daily meals and snacks
- Light housekeeping (weekly cleaning of resident room, daily trash removal and bed making)
- Weekly laundering of bedding and personal clothing
- Staff assistance with bathing
- Escort to meals and activities
- Planned outings, activities and social events
- Transportation for scheduled outings, activities and social events
- Key pad entry and exit door system
- Large outdoor patio
- Raised flower gardens
- Home Care Aides on-site 24-hours a day, 365 days a year
- Home Care Registered Nurse on campus weekdays and on-call 24-hours a day
- Activities of daily living and personal cares
- Medication set-up, administration and monitoring
- Central storage of medication
- Routine safety checks
- Nurse liaison with health care professionals
- Maintenance of clinical record by nurse
- Nurse coordination of laboratory requests
- Monthly wellness blood pressure and weight checks
- Beauty & barber services*
- Therapy services*
* Available at additional cost
Activity programs are designed to meet the needs of tenants with memory loss. Tenants have the opportunity to take part in familiar activities according to their abilities providing a sense of usefulness, pleasure, and success.
A wide variety of activities are available including:
- Cards and games
- Discussion groups
- Spiritual care
- Community outings
A monthly calendar is developed with activities noted on a day-to-day basis. Activities are specifically selected to meet the cognitive abilities and interests of persons with memory loss. Areas of individual tenant interest are explored with the tenant and family upon move-in. Family members and volunteers are also part of our activity programming.
Staff training specific to dementia
In addition to obtaining proper certification or licensure, all staff assigned to work with dementia residents is trained by SBSC on an annual basis.
Topics of Alzheimer’s education include:
- Understanding Alzheimer’s Disease and Related Dementias
- Assistance with Activities of Daily Living
- Caregiver Role
- Managing Challenging Behaviors
- Communications Skills for Persons with Alzheimer’s
- Support of Family Members
- Providing Care for Confused Residents
Equal Housing Opportunity EOE/AA
Take a Photo Tour of Benedict Homes