Family Birthing Center - St. Cloud Hospital
As the largest birthing center in Central Minnesota, the Family Birthing Center at St. Cloud Hospital has experience in both high- and low-risk pregnancies.
Why have your baby at the St. Cloud Hospital Family Birthing Center?
Tour the new Family Birthing Center!
New birthing center. St. Cloud Hospital’s new Family Birthing Center was designed for the comfort and safety of you and your baby. It features:
- OB triage unit with six private rooms for rapid assessment of stage of labor
- 12 labor/delivery/recovery suites with magnificent views and large private bathrooms with air-jetted tubs
- 26 postpartum suites with a spacious family area, including comfortable seating and a convertible sofa for an overnight guest
- 6 antepartum suites for women having pregnancy problems such as premature labor or high blood pressure
- 2 dedicated surgical suites for Caesarean births
The birthing center is right down the hall from the neonatal intensive care unit (NICU). If your baby needs these services, take comfort in knowing you are just footsteps away from one another.
In-house obstetrician coverage. We have obstetrician coverage at St. Cloud Hospital 24 hours a day. Your provider can consult with him or her on a plan of care or referral to St. Cloud Hospital.
Case management. Case managers help with high-risk pregnancies. If you have complex needs, a case manager can help coordinate your care — before, during and after your birth. Reach a case manager about planning for the birth of your baby at 320-251-2700, ext. 53525.
Breastfeeding services. We have registered nurses certified in lactation consultation. They provide breastfeeding education and resources. Call 320-251-2700, ext. 52311.
Personalized care. Style your pregnancy your way. Fill out our “Preferences for Birth Experience” form (PDF) and bring it with you to your delivery.