Diabetes Care - CentraCare Health
CentraCare Health provides a full range of diabetes care for patients and families in our region through education, leadership, health promotion and preventive services. We help you manage your diabetes so you can maintain the best possible health and quality of life. Ask your provider for a referral.
Our team of experts include:
- Endocrinologists (specialist who care for patients with diabetes)
- Certified Diabetes Educators (registered nurses, registered dietitians)
- Internal Medicine
- Family Practice
“Diabetes Self-Management Education” (DSME) programs in CentraCare Health are certified by the American Diabetes Association. DSME provides people living with diabetes the skills to lead a healthy, normal lifestyle. Diabetes, if left undiagnosed or untreated, can cause a variety of health complications.
The Certified Diabetes Educators and Registered Dietitians work with you as part of the team with your physicians to provide an individualized treatment plan that best suits your needs. The team approach helps you incorporate diabetes care into your lifestyle, with the goal of improving your overall health and minimizing complications related to diabetes. An individualized plan allows you to modify your lifestyle choices and be in control of your diabetes, rather than having the disease be in control of you.
DSME is offered in both individual sessions and in a group setting. Call for more information.
Diabetes self-management education currently is being offered at:
- CentraCare Diabetes Center - 320-202-7759
- CentraCare Health – Long Prairie - 320-732-2131
- CentraCare Health – Melrose - 320-256-4228
- CentraCare Health – Monticello - 763-295-2945
- CentraCare Health – Paynesville - 320-243-3767
- CentraCare Health – Sauk Centre - 320-352-6591
CentraCare certified diabetes educators also provided DSME at the CentraCare primary clinics:
- CentraCare Clinic Health Plaza – Family Medicine - 320-229-4917
- CentraCare Clinic Health Plaza – Internal Medicine - 320-229-4928
- CentraCare Clinic – River Campus (Internal Medicine) - 320-240-2203
- CentraCare Clinic – St. Joseph - 320-363-7765
- CentraCare Family Health Center - 320-240-3157
Diabetes Educational programs and services are offered to people with Type 1, Type 2, Gestational Diabetes and pre-diabetes conditions.
Insulin Pump Therapy Program, taught by a certified pump trainer, helps patients make a smooth transition to this method of diabetes care. Specific criteria for eligibility must be met for this program.