Calcium Score Test
Purpose of the Test
A calcium scoring scan is a non-invasive test. It sees if you have any calcium in your coronary arteries. Calcium can narrow your arteries and may result in a heart attack.
- There is no preparation for this test.
- Check in at the CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center atrium desk.
- A technologist will take you into the CT Scanning Room.
- You will lie down on the CT table. We will place electrodes on your chest so we can monitor your heart rate during the test. We may have to shave some hair from the chests of male patients. Doing so ensures the electrodes make good contact with the chest to accurately monitor your heart’s rhythm.
- We will closely monitor your heart rate and heart rhythm (ECG) during the CT test.
- We will ask you to hold your breath for 20 to 30 seconds.
- The entire test will take about 10 minutes.
- Once the technologist is sure that all the information is gathered, you will be free to leave and return to your normal activities.
Note: Most health plans do not cover this test. Unless you make arrangements in advance, you will need to pay for the test at registration. The cost of this test is $150.
If you have any questions, please call:
CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center at 320-656-7020 or 800-448-3455