Lower Extremity Arterial Duplex Ultrasound
Purpose of the Test
This ultrasound helps us to see the arteries that carry blood to the legs. It uses high frequency sound waves. This test finds blockages in the leg arteries and grades the severity of these blockages.
- Take prescribed medicines unless told not to by your doctor.
- Wear normal street clothes.
- Once in the test room, you will lie down on a table or bed.
- We will place a probe on your legs in many places. Sound waves will bounce off the arteries and create a picture on a video screen. You will feel nothing during the test except slight pressure when the probe is placed firmly against the skin.
- We will take several pictures of your leg arteries on both sides. When the pictures are done we give the information to the doctor for review.
- The test takes about 60 minutes.
If you have any questions, please call:
CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center at 320-656-7020 or 800-448-3455