Lower Extremity Arterial (Segmental Pressures) Exam
Purpose of the Test
This test finds blockages in the arteries of the legs. This test uses blood pressure cuffs and ultrasound.
- Take prescribed medicines unless told not to by your doctor.
- Wear normal street clothes.
- Once in the test room, you will lie down on a table or bed.
- We will place blood pressure cuffs on the arms and legs. A probe will measure blood flow from many sites on the legs. We will record blood pressures from different levels of the legs.
- You will feel nothing during the test except slight pressure when the probe is placed firmly against the skin. You also may feel tightness when the blood pressure cuffs are inflated.
- When done we give the information to the doctor for review.
- The test takes about 60 minutes.
If you have any questions, please call:
CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center at 320-656-7020 or 800-448-3455