Home Care - CentraCare Health
Bringing “care above all” to your home
Call today to begin services!
St. Cloud Hospital Home Care - 320-259-9375
CentraCare Health – Sauk Centre - 320-352-2221
The familiar environment of your own home is often the ideal place to receive care. CentraCare Health provides high-quality medical care to patients who are best served at home. We strive to be patient-centered in our care; combining high-tech services with compassionate physical and emotional support to both the patient and family caregiver.
Why choose us for home care services?
St. Cloud Hospital Home Care and CentraCare Health – Sauk Centre provide hospital-based home care, giving you the advantage of having the continuity of care to meet your needs at home.
Our service area includes communities within a 45-mile radius of St. Cloud and 30-mile radius of Sauk Centre.
St. Cloud Hospital Home Care is a recipient of the 2013 Home Care Elite Top Agency award.
We accept self-referrals or a referral may be made by a health care provider, family member or friend. Once the referral is made, our staff will contact the patient’s health care provider to discuss the services needed. A nurse or therapist will provide a free initial assessment of the patient at home. Most insurers cover skilled home care services. Home care charges will be billed to you and submitted to your insurance company (Medicare, Medicaid, Medial Assistance/County Waiver programs and/or private insurance). No one will be denied services because of an inability to pay.
Home Care Services
Home care visits can be provided seven days a week. A registered nurse is on-call 24 hours a day. Services include:
When might home care services be needed?
Any of the following might indicate a need for home care services:
- Caregiver concerns
- Frequent emergency room visits
- Home safety concerns
- Lives alone
- New diagnosis or flare up of a chronic disease
- New medications or multiple medications
- Multiple illnesses
- Pain control issues
- Post-surgical patients
- Transitioning to the home setting
Do you have questions about the differences between home care, palliative care and hospice care and when each might be appropriate? View a comparison of services chart (PDF)
St. Cloud Hospital Home Care and CentraCare Health – Sauk Centre are licensed by the state of Minnesota and certified by Medicare. St. Cloud Hospital Home Care also is accredited by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Health Care Organizations. These regulatory agencies provide assurance that you will receive the highest quality care available.
Home Care Team
Our team of skilled professionals works together with the patient’s physician to provide a total continuum of care:
- Home health aides
- Licensed practical nurses
- Physical therapists
- Occupational therapists
- Registered nurses
- Speech language pathologists
- Medical social workers
Individualized care plans.
- Teaching and education for patients and caregivers.
- Education and support for patients with memory disorders or dementia at home.
- Staff who specialize in congestive heart failure, infusion, palliative care, hospice and wound care and more.
- Home adaptations to improve access and safety and reduce falls.
- Rehabilitation therapy following total joint surgeries.
- Occupational therapy to guide patient and caregiver in adaptive dressing and personal cares.
- Compassionate home health aides who can perform personal cares and assist in bathing.
- Professional guidance on when to transition to other health care settings.
- Information on local community services
Infants, Children and Adolescents
Education and support to parents and daycare provider on the child’s specific health care needs
- Pediatric rehabilitation; including physical, occupational and speech language therapy
- Monitoring of high-risk infants or children, such as those with cardiac or respiratory conditions
- Monitoring of failure-to-thrive infants; weight tracking and education on diet
- Pediatric home infusions
- Neonatal Intensive Care follow-up visits
- Monitoring of growth and development of special needs infants and children while supporting the parents
- Information on local community services