Home Care - Post-Surgical Care
Call today to begin services!
St. Cloud Hospital Home Care - 320-259-9375
CentraCare Health - Sauk Centre - 320-352-2221
Home Care can provide a registered nurse to assess your post-surgical needs at home. Our staff wants to ensure you have a smooth transition to the home setting. We provide service to all age groups, including pediatrics.
Any of the following may indicate a need for home care services after surgery:
- Multiple illnesses
- Living alone
- Caregiver concerned about caring for the patient
- New medicine or use of multiple medicines
- Home safety concerns
Post-Surgical Care Services
Education on what is considered normal following surgery (including: rest/sleep, bowel/bladder, appetite, progression of foods and normal activities)
- Monitoring any new or chronic conditions that might be affected by surgery
- Wound care and assessment of the incision for infection
- Education on pain medications and pain control issues
- Monitoring vital signs and your general health as you heal
- Infusion therapy: providing IV antibiotics or hydration
- Caregiver support and information on community resources, if needed
Our registered nurse will talk to your surgeon directly about any medical concerns.
We accept self-referrals or a referral may be made by a health care provider, family member or friend. Once the referral is made, our staff will contact the patient’s health care provider to discuss the services needed. A nurse or therapist will provide a free initial assessment of the patient at home. Most insurers cover skilled home care services. Home care charges will be billed to you and submitted to your insurance company (Medicare, Medicaid, Medial Assistance/County Waiver programs and/or private insurance). No one will be denied services because of an inability to pay.