Home Care - Wound Care
Call today to begin services!
Home Care provides nurses who specialize in wound care. Our nurses monitor and assess wounds in collaboration with your health care provider to offer treatment options for optimal healing.
Wound care services at home include:
- Complex to simple wounds
- Gastronomy tubes and other devices
- VAC (vacuum assisted closure) dressing changes
- Non-healing ulcers
- Post-surgical patients
We accept self-referrals or a referral may be made by a health care provider, family member or friend. Once the referral is made, our staff will contact the patient’s health care provider to discuss the services needed. A nurse or therapist will provide a freeinitial assessment of the patient at home. Most insurers cover skilled home care services. Home care charges will be billed to you and submitted to your insurance company (Medicare, Medicaid, Medial Assistance/County Waiver programs and/or private insurance). No one will be denied services because of an inability to pay.
Wound Care Education and Support
- Our nurses educate the patient and caregiver until they feel confident in performing the wound care treatments alone.
- Nurses also provide education regarding infection control, signs and symptoms of infection and when to contact your physician.
- Photos of the wound are taken often to assess healing and track improvements.
- Our nurses will communicate with the patient’s providers if there are any concerns and will provide guidance with new interventions or medication orders.
- Nurse visits can continue even after the patient feels comfortable performing the wound treatments to ensure proper healing.
VAC Wound Care
Our nurses are specially trained in VAC dressings changes and oversee the patient’s care.
CentraCare Wound Center
Home Care works closely with CentraCare Wound Center, collaborating on the latest advanced wound care treatments available in Central Minnesota.