Palliative Care focuses on providing adults and children with relief from the symptoms, pain and stress of a serious illness. The goal is to improve quality of life for both the patient and the family. Palliative care is appropriate at any age (even prenatally) and at any state in a serious illness. The cost of the services is covered by most health plans.
Why choose us for your Palliative Care?
- Your home
- Coborn Cancer Center – For cancer patients
- CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center - For their heart failure patients
- CentraCare Clinic – River Campus – For all other adult patients
- St. Cloud Hospital
- Adults - Inpatient
- Children – Inpatients and outpatients with life-threatening illnesses who are not expected to live to adulthood. We can assist children prior to birth up to age 17.
Team of Experts
Based on your needs, you could be seen by one or more of these Palliative Care team members:
- A doctor or advanced practice nurse will review and treat your symptoms, give treatment choices and set goals for care.
- Practice nurses manage the efforts of the Palliative Care team. They track your symptoms and response to treatment. They are directly available to give extra support to you and your family.
- Social workers help you and your family with discharge planning, community resources and relationship issues.
- Chaplains will listen, pray and offer coping strategies and counseling. They give support based on your faith, values and spiritual needs.
- Child life specialists
The Palliative Care team will meet with you and your family to understand your needs. We will make a plan that respects your values and personal choices. Your primary care doctor will remain in charge of your care.
- Spiritual, emotional and physical support
- Management of pain and symptoms, such as:
- Throwing up
- Shortness of breath
- Trouble sleeping
- Spiritual distress.
- Guidance with hard and complex treatment choices
- Help in navigating the health care system
What is the difference between Palliative Care and Hospice?
Hospice care is meant for people in the final months of life. Palliative care, on the other hand, is available at any time during an illness. It also can take place at the same time as curative treatments.
Dealing with poor health can be difficult. We can help.
Home Palliative Care - 320-259-9375
Coborn Cancer Center - 320-656-7117
CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center - 320-656-7020
CentraCare Clinic – River Campus - 320-656-7117
St. Cloud Hospital Inpatient Palliative Care
Adults - 320-656-7117
Children - 320-229-4935
Positive, Powerful - Palliative Care