St. Cloud Hospital Stroke Center provides Telestroke services in the region to help patients experiencing a stroke receive treatment as quickly as possible and reduce the effects of stroke.
What is Telestroke?
Patients who access a facility that has Telestroke connect in real time with an interventional neurologist from St. Cloud Hospital Stroke Center.
How does Telestroke help patients?
Telestroke will speed treatment decisions, which will improve patient outcomes. Interventions such as intravenous tissue plasminogen activator (IV tPA) medication can quickly be administered to break up clots. IV tPA is the only U.S. Food and Drug Administration-approved drug for the treatment of acute ischemic strokes.
Where is Telestroke available?
Telestroke is available in the following locations:
- CentraCare Health – Long Prairie
- CentraCare Health – Melrose
- CentraCare Health – Monticello
- CentraCare Health – Paynesville
- CentraCare Health – Sauk Centre
- Douglas County Hospital, Alexandria
- Glacial Ridge Hospital, Glenwood
Learn how Telestroke has made a difference in the lives of these patients.