Medical Weight Loss Options
- Very Low Calorie Diet
- Modified – Low Calorie Diet
- Pre-surgery weight loss
- Whole foods weight loss plan
- Weight loss medications
Our medical weight loss options are designed to meet an individual’s unique weight loss needs. We take an evidence-based approach using researched and established methods to achieve weight loss and weight maintenance. Our program utilizes specialists in many areas of medicine including bariatric medicine, psychology, nutrition and exercise to provide the highest level of care available in central Minnesota.
Patients may benefit from our program if they:
- Have health issues that would improve with weight loss;
- Work well with a multidisciplinary team approach to facilitate greater weight loss and successful long term weight maintenance;
- Have an upcoming surgery and could decrease the risks of anesthesia/surgery or recovery as directed by surgeon.
You may be a candidate for medical weight loss if you have:
- A body mass index (BMI) of 30 or more;
- A BMI greater than 27.0 and a serious obesity-related health problem;
- An ability to make a variety of lifestyle changes required for long-term weight maintenance.
- Lifestyle changes include:
- Protein and fiber at every meal
- Regular exercise
- Regular meal plan
- Dry meals
- Non-calorie beverages
- Slow eating, thorough chewing, mindfulness