St. Cloud Hospital is one of Minnesota’s highest volume joint replacement hospitals.1 Surgeons from St. Cloud Orthopedics completed 1,312 hip and knee replacements last year at St. Cloud Hospital. High volumes mean greater physicians and nurse expertise for our patients. Patients at high volume centers also experience fewer complications in the first six months after surgery.2
Infection rates for joint replacement procedures performed at St. Cloud Hospital compare favorably to regional and national benchmarks as reported by the Center for Disease Control National Healthcare Safety Network.
Fiscal year data 7/1/2009-6/30/2010
Length of stay
By combining the latest techniques and technologies, the average length of stay at St. Cloud Hospital is shorter than the national average -- 3.25 days versus 3.6 days.
- St. Cloud Hospital Emergency Trauma Center visits: 53,600.
- Last year, approximately 1,400 patients met the requirements to be entered into the trauma registry.
- Of the 1,400 trauma registry cases, 2 percent were transferred out to another facility.
- Of the 1,400 trauma registry cases, 35 percent were transferred in from another acute care facility.
- In the severe trauma population, 40% arrived by air ambulance.
Thanks to our experienced team, including nationally certified nurses, patient satisfaction in the Bone & Joint Center consistently ranks in the top 10 percent nationally in the Press Ganey database.
Awards & recognition
- Blue Cross Blue Shield Blue Distinction® for knee and hip replacement for providing quality care and better overall outcomes for knee and hip replacement procedures.
- U.S. News & World Report, “America’s Best Hospitals” (2007, 2008, 2011)
1 Minnesota Hospital Association
2 Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery
1406 Sixth Ave. N.
St. Cloud, MN 56303
(320) 656-7079 fax