Coborn Cancer Center offers one-on-one nutrition consultations with a registered dietitian to patients and their families. Our registered dietitian can assist patients with:
- nutrition education and counseling
- therapeutic diets
- management of treatment-related side effects such as poor appetite, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea or constipation
- nutrition support such as enteral nutrition (tube feeding) or parenteral nutrition (IV nutrition therapy).
Nutrition therapy is important for cancer patients in active treatment and recovery.
It can help to:
- prevent or correct malnutrition
- preserve lean body mass
- maintain strength
- tolerate treatment
- reduce nutrition-related side effects and complications
- combat fatigue
- protect ability to fight infection
- maintain quality of life.
Benefits of Nutrition
Good nutrition can improve cancer-related health and help prevent other chronic diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and obesity.
Research has shown that maintaining good nutritional status can help improve treatment tolerance and outcomes. Good nutritional status can also reduce total health care costs related to fewer treatment interruptions, shorter lengths of stay and need for fewer prescriptions.
1900 CentraCare Circle, Suite 1600
St. Cloud, MN 56303
(877) 229-4907 toll-free
(320) 229-5160 fax