CentraCare Kidney Program
CentraCare Kidney Program offers a full range of kidney services within St. Cloud Hospital, CentraCare Clinic and sites throughout Central Minnesota. The program delivers safe, effective and high-quality care close to home.
Why choose CentraCare for your kidney care?
Commitment to Quality
- Member of the Renal Network to benchmark outcomes against other programs in the Midwest
- Achieved 5-Diamond Patient Safety status, the highest status given by Renal Network 11, for all CentraCare dialysis outpatient sites and its home therapy program
- Higher survival and transplant rates than expected for CentraCare Kidney Program - Health Plaza Dialysis in data released in spring 2012 by Pro-Publica, an investigative journalism group
- Experienced team with more than 50,000 outpatient dialysis treatments a year throughout Central Minnesota
Caring, Skilled Professionals
The kidney program team includes:
- Nephrologists - board-certified subspecialists who care for patients with acute and chronic kidney disease
- Nursing staff - registered nurses, licensed practical nurses and patient care technicians with specialized training and certification in kidney disease
- Others - renal dietitians, social workers, educators, pharmacists, holistic services specialist and spiritual care
Full Scope of Nephrology Practice
Nephrologists care for patients with:
- Acute kidney injury
- Chronic kidney disease
- Anemia of renal disease
- Electrolyte disorders
- Kidney transplant evaluation and management
- Metabolic evaluation of recurrent kidney stones
Broad Range of Kidney Program Services
Continuous ambulatory peritoneal dialysis
Continuous cycler peritoneal dialysis
Acute peritoneal dialysis
In-center nocturnal hemodialysis
Chronic Kidney Disease Management
Kidney Transplant Services
Continuous Renal Replacement Therapy (CRRT)
Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (TPE)
For your convenience, our program offers both clinic consultations with a nephrologist and dialysis centers within the following Central Minnesota communities:
- Big Lake
- Crosby (clinic only)
- Little Falls
- Milaca (clinic only)
- St. Cloud (St. Cloud Hospital, CentraCare Health Plaza, Home Dialysis Program and CentraCare Kidney Program Administration)
In-service training and education are available for patients, community members and professional caregivers.
For More Information
For a dialysis appointment, please call (320) 251-2700, ext. 24552 or (800) 835-6652, ext. 24552. For an appointment with a nephrologist, please call (320) 240-2206.
1406 Sixth Ave. N.
St. Cloud, MN 56303