Cardiac Procedure Recovery Unit
The Cardiac Procedure Recovery Unit (CPRU) is a 20-bed cardiac monitoring unit for patients undergoing cardiac or peripheral procedures. Patients are admitted and discharged from the same room. Highly trained staff focuses on patient and family care.
Patients admitted to the CPRU are those undergoing any of the following procedures:
- permanent pacemaker
- implantable cardiovertor/defibrillator
- ventricular and supraventricular studies
- intravascular ultrasound
- tilt table studies
Procedures actually performed in the CPRU include:
- transesophogeal echocardiograms
- drug infusion for heart failure outpatients
- pre-operative preparation for open heart surgery.