Take Heart St. Cloud - Sudden Cardiac Arrest Survival Initiative
Take Heart St. Cloud Sudden Cardiac Arrest Survival Initiative was designed to show how cardiac arrest survival rates in America can be significantly increased through a system-based, community-wide approach to faster and better treatment.
Take Heart’s goal is to increase the overall survival rate for out-of-hospital SCA to more than 20 percent by:
- Providing free training throughout the community in bystander cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and automated external defibrillators (AEDs);
- Learn more about free bystander CPR/AED training sessions
- Training emergency workers and first responders to improve their skills;
- Placing more AEDs into the community;
- Using therapeutic hypothermia to prevent brain damage.
Learn more about Take Heart St. Cloud
The St. Cloud program, part of Take Heart America, is based at the CentraCare Heart & Vascular Center. The program is funded through a grant from the CentraCare Health Foundation.