| Clara's House
With the opening
of Clara's House, a unique and beautiful facility for partial
hospitalization programming, the adolescents of Central Minnesota
have an opportunity to receive individualized and specialized
care for mental health problems in an atmosphere that is warm,
healing and supportive of their efforts to regain and maintain
Photo tour of Clara's House
Clara's House is home to the following programs:
- Adolescent Chemical Dependency Program (Recovery Plus)
- Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
- Child Partial Hospitalization Program
- Provides all-day intensive outpatient services during
school hours Monday through Friday.
- Provides evening programming until 7 p.m. for Recovery
Plus Chemical Dependency Services.
- Offers comprehensive, short-term treatment of acute psychiatric
conditions for children and adolescents ages 5 to 18 with
multiple professional disciplines including psychiatry,
social work, nursing, psychology, occupational therapy,
recreational therapy and art therapy.
- Furnishes three levels of care for chemical
dependency, depending on the adolescentís needs, which
include group therapy, recreational therapy, chemical education,
family therapy and drug
- Provides teachers from School District 742 to work with
patients to regain and maintain academic progress.
- Clara's House Chemical Health Class
House Alateen Meetings
- View the Clara's House video
Mae Ellingson-Skalicky donated $1 million for the facility,
which was named in honor of her mother, Clara Ellingson.
The CentraCare Health Foundation,
as part of their Investing in Health . . . Ensuring Excellence
campaign, raised more than $15 million, with $3 million being
directed to building Clara’s House and an endowment
for services. A total of 505 benefactors contributed to Clara’s
As a result of reaching their campaign goals, the Foundation
received a $750,000 challenge grant from The Kresge Foundation
in Troy, Michigan. This is the first St. Cloud Hospital facility
that has been completely paid for by community donations.
- 54 rooms including a gym, playroom, three classrooms,
five group rooms, lobbies and offices
- Areas of Clara's House named after benefactors include:
- Schlough Wing, which houses the Chemical Dependency Program
- Then Wing, which houses the Child Partial Hospitalization Program
- Anderson Wing, which houses the Adolescent Partial Hospitalization Program
- Torrey Recreation Room, which is the gym.
- Project cost is $2,500,000
- 16,021 square feet
- Construction started April 26, 2004, and it was completed
October 15, 2004.
- Photo tour of Clara's House
How to Support Clara's House
Clara’s Foundation Fund is a growth fund that is invested
and generates income annually. The fund provides services
and programming for children and adolescents with mental health
dependency issues. If you would like to make a gift to
this fund, please contact CentraCare Health Foundation or you may also make
a donation online.
1564 County Road 134
St. Cloud, MN 56303-0346