St. Cloud Hospital
St. Cloud Hospital has a rich tradition of caring for the people of Central Minnesota. Since being founded by the Sisters of the Order of St. Benedict in 1886, we have grown from a small, community hospital to a comprehensive, high-quality regional medical center.
As the largest health care facility in the region, St. Cloud Hospital offers a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services. From state-of-the-art care for heart disease and cancer to preventive health screenings and behavioral health counseling, we have the technology and skilled professionals to meet the needs of the region.
Currently the hospital has nearly 5,000 employees and a medical staff of 400 physicians. St. Cloud Hospital is the largest employer in the St. Cloud area.
As a Catholic, regional hospital, we improve the health and quality of life for the people we serve in a manner that reflects the healing mission of Jesus.
Through our Catholic healing ministry, St. Cloud Hospital will be the leader in Minnesota for quality, safety, service, and value.
Facts and Figures
- Founded in 1886 by Sisters of the Order of St. Benedict
- Operates under the auspices of the local Catholic Church
- Part of CentraCare Health, an integrated health care delivery system formed in 1995
- Achieved the Magnet Award for Excellence in Nursing through the American Nurses Credentialing Center: 2004-2008, 2009-2013, 2013-2017
- Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospital®: 1993, 1994, 1999, 2005-2009
- Thomson Reuters 100 Top Hospital® - Cardiovascular: 1999-2005, 2008
- “America’s Best Hospitals”, U.S. News & World Report: 2005-2008, 2010, 2012
- 489 licensed beds
- Active/associate medical staff: 410 physicians
- Patient days: 107,864
- Average daily census: 295
- Admissions: 26,687
- Average length of stay: 4.04
- Surgeries (inpatient and outpatient): 12,824
- Births: 2,470
- Outpatient admissions: 239,805
- Emergency Trauma Center visits: 57,907
- Net patient service revenue: $615,328,490
- Employees: 4,559 full and part-time
- Volunteers: 1,169 (adult and junior)
- 12-county service area population: 690,658
- St. Cloud metro area population: 129,705
- Patient satisfaction score = 90.40. Press Ganey database national mean = 89.51
- Average length of service for RNs: 11 years
- Helicopter landings: 732
Data is for July 1, 2011 – June 30, 2012.