St. Cloud Hospital
St. Cloud Hospital has a rich tradition of caring for the people of Central Minnesota. Since being founded by the Sisters of the Order of St. Benedict in 1886, we have grown from a small, community hospital to a comprehensive, high-quality regional medical center.
As the largest health care facility in the region, St. Cloud Hospital offers a full spectrum of inpatient and outpatient services. From state-of-the-art care for heart disease and cancer to preventive health screenings and behavioral health counseling, we have the technology and skilled professionals to meet the needs of the region.
Currently the hospital has 4,957 full and part-time employees and a medical staff of more than 450 physicians. St. Cloud Hospital is the largest employer in the St. Cloud area.
As a Catholic, regional hospital, we improve the health and quality of life for the people we serve in a manner that reflects the healing mission of Jesus.
Through our Catholic healing ministry, St. Cloud Hospital will be the leader in Minnesota for quality, safety, service, and value.
Facts and Figures
- Founded in 1886 by Sisters of the Order of St. Benedict
- Operates under the auspices of the local Catholic Church
- Part of CentraCare Health, an integrated health care delivery system formed in 1995
- Achieved the Magnet Award for Excellence in Nursing through the American Nurses Credentialing Center: 2004–2008, 2009–2013, 2014–2018
- Truven 100 Top Hospitals®: 1993, 1994, 1999, 2005–2009, 2015, 2016
- Truven 100 Top Hospitals® - Cardiovascular: 1999–2005, 2008
- Truven 50 Top Hospitals® – Cardiovascular: 2015
- “America’s Best Hospitals,” U.S. News & World Report: 2005–2008, 2010, 2012, 2015
- 489 licensed beds
- Active/associate medical staff: 440 physicians
- Patient days: 118,300
- Average daily census: 323
- Admissions: 26,614 (excluding nursery)
- Average length of stay: 4.44
- Surgeries (inpatient and outpatient): 5,531
- Births: 2,989
- Outpatient visits:
- Emergency Trauma Center visits: more than 60,000
- Net patient service revenue: $746,912,456
- Employees: 4,976 full and part-time
- Volunteers: 1,049 (adult and junior)
- 12-county service area population: 689,869
- St. Cloud metro area population: 130,495
- Patient satisfaction HCAHPS score = 76.2%
- Average length of service for RNs: 11.2 years
- Helicopter landings: 943
- Home care visits: 39,223
Data is for July 1, 2015 – June 30, 2016.