St. Cloud Hospital offers a variety of scholarships. Click on the scholarship for application information.
Health Care College Scholarship for Employees or Volunteers at St. Cloud Hospital
St. Cloud Hospital Volunteer Auxiliary will award scholarships for students pursuing a career in health care. Payment will be made in two installments, directly to the successful applicant’s school.
If any of the required materials are not provided, the application will be disqualified automatically.
To learn more, download the application (PDF)
About the Held Scholarship
Dr. William Held was a radiologist at St. Cloud Hospital from 1967 until his untimely death in July of 1988. In memory of his work and interest in education, this scholarship fund was established to help students who have successfully completed their first year of the radiologic technology program at the St. Cloud Hospital School of Radiologic Technology. One student each year is awarded a scholarship. The awards are be made without regard to race, color, creed religion, sex, disability or national origin. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The successful scholarship recipient will receive a $500 credit, which will be made to their account at the St. Cloud Hospital School of Radiologic Technology.
Successful applicants must:
- Be enrolled full time, in good academic standing and completing the first year in the St. Cloud Hospital School of Radiologic Technology Program.
- Plan to continue a second year with the St. Cloud Hospital School of Radiologic Technology Program as a full-time student.
- Submit the required application materials on or before the deadline.
Required training for a current profession, including continuing education credit, is not eligible. Expenses related to certification or licensures are not eligible. A Selection Committee appointed by the CentraCare Health Foundation will determine whether a course of study is eligible.
The following materials must be complete and returned by the deadline:
- Signed Application Form, download the application form (PDF)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Enrolled full time and completed first year of the program
- Resume or Biographical Sketch
- Current Transcript
Letter of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation to be written by a program director, teacher, counselor, and/or employer of the applicant’s choice. Please write a letter of recommendation for the candidate which comments on his/her leadership abilities, initiative, and why this award would be significant to the applicant.
**NOTE** The Selection Committee uses a blind selection process. Please refer to the applicant as “the candidate” or “the applicant”, etc. Do not refer to the applicant by name except at the top of this page. Thank you.
High School Health Care Scholarship
St. Cloud Hospital Halenbeck Fund will award scholarships for the 2016 Fall Semester and 2017 Spring Semester for students pursuing a career in health care. Payment will be made in two installments, directly to the successful applicant’s school. Application deadline is Tues., Mar. 1, 2016.
To learn more, download the application (PDF)
Linda A. Chmielewski Nursing Scholarship
About the Linda A. Chmielewski Nursing Scholarship
Linda Chmielewski served St. Cloud Hospital for 34 years. Linda was the Vice President of Hospital Operations and Chief Nursing Officer from 1994 – December 2015. Achieving Magnet recognition for the organization in 2004 as the second Magnet hospital in Minnesota is a highlight of Linda’s nursing career. St. Cloud Hospital was again designated in 2009 and 2013.
The successful scholarship recipient will receive a $500 scholarship toward tuition. The scholarship will be sent directly to the financial aid office of the school indicated.
Successful applicants must:
- Be employed, part-time or full-time, as a registered nurse at St. Cloud Hospital;
- Be enrolled in a professional nursing degree program as a sophomore, junior, or senior;
- Demonstrate qualifications through references, work experience, and professional nursing goals and achievements.
- Scholarship application form (PDF)
- Resume or curriculum vitae (include employment history, education history, and community and volunteer work experience)
- Two letters of recommendation (not a relative but a mentor, community leader, instructor, etc.)
- Transcript from the current academic year (transcript must include cumulative grade point average)
- Copy of letter of enrollment into an accredited nursing program
Rosalie Timmers Memorial Scholarship
The family of Rosalie Timmers will award scholarships for students pursuing a career in health care who are current or former St. Cloud Hospital Junior Volunteers (minimum of 50 hours served). Payment will be made directly to the successful applicants' school.
Application and materials to be postmarked by March 25, 2016.
Parish Nurse Class Scholarship
The Central Minnesota Parish Nurse Advisory Committee is offering $250 scholarships for persons intending to work as parish nurses in Central Minnesota.
Conditions of the scholarships include:
- The parish nurse role will be activated within 6-9 months of course completion.
- In a brief letter (one page or less), please address how the above criteria will be met in your parish nurse ministry
- Reside in Central Minnesota or have approval from the Central Minnesota Parish Nurse Ministry Committee Officers.
Please complete and return the form
Annette Jesh, BSN, RN, PHN, Faith Community Nurse
Parish Health Ministries Program
CentraCare St. Cloud Hospital
1406 Sixth Avenue NorthAnnette.Jesh@centracare.comwww.centracare.com/services/spiritual-care/faith-community-nursing/
Phil & Evelyn Ruggiero CentraCare Health Volunteer Scholarship
The family of Phil and Evelyn Ruggiero will award scholarships for the upcoming school year to current CentraCare Health Volunteers who are pursuing a college degree or program certification. Payment will be made directly to the scholarship recipient’s school. Award may be given to one or two recipients with the amount varied between $2,000- $4,000 each year.
To be eligible for consideration an applicant must:
- Be an active CentraCare Health Volunteer and have volunteered for at least one year;
- Be a currently enrolled college student in an accredited college/technical institution;
- Be 18 years of age or older and successfully completed at least one year of school;
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or above;
- Demonstrate involvement in community, school or work activities.
Applications will be taken through Feb 15, 2016.
Download the application (PDF)
School of Nursing Alumni Scholarship
The St. Cloud Hospital Nursing Alumni Scholarship Fund was established to be an ongoing memorial to the school. The purpose of the fund is to support nursing education and recruitment of viable candidates into the profession through financial assistance.
The scholarship is a competitive process. The criteria for selection of candidates established by the Alumni Board with the assistance of the CentraCare Health Foundation are as follows:
- Those graduates of the St. Cloud Hospital School of Nursing who are seeking to further their education or seeking a specialty degree within the field of nursing
- Family members (children / grandchildren) of St. Cloud Hospital School of Nursing alumni
- Applications will be accepted regardless of geographic location of residence
To be eligible for consideration an applicant must be:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or technical program in the nursing field
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 3.0
- Demonstrate involvement in alumni association, community and/or school activities
Each applicant must:
- Complete an application form
- Attach a current transcript
- Provide a typed essay that outlines the applicant’s career goals and factors that led to choose a health care career
- Provide two letters of reference
- Application to be postmarked by May 6, 2016.
For questions or more information about the Nursing Alumni Scholarship, please contact the CentraCare Health Foundation at 320-240-2810 or email@example.com.