St. Cloud Hospital offers a variety of scholarships. Click on the scholarship for application information.
Health Care College Scholarship for Employees or Volunteers at St. Cloud Hospital
St. Cloud Hospital Volunteer Auxiliary will award scholarships for the 2015 Fall Semester and 2016 Spring Semester for students pursuing a career in health care. Payment will be made in two installments, directly to the successful applicant’s school. Application deadline is Fri., Mar. 13, 2015.
If any of the required materials are not provided, the application will be disqualified automatically.
To learn more, download the application (PDF)
About the Held Scholarship
Dr. William Held was a radiologist at St. Cloud Hospital from 1967 until his untimely death in July of 1988. In memory of his work and interest in education, this scholarship fund was established to help students who have successfully completed their first year of the radiologic technology program at the St. Cloud Hospital School of Radiologic Technology. One student each year is awarded a scholarship. The awards are be made without regard to race, color, creed religion, sex, disability or national origin. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The successful scholarship recipient will receive a $500 credit, which will be made to their account at the St. Cloud Hospital School of Radiologic Technology.
Successful applicants must:
- Be enrolled full time, in good academic standing and completing the first year in the St. Cloud Hospital School of Radiologic Technology Program.
- Plan to continue a second year with the St. Cloud Hospital School of Radiologic Technology Program as a full-time student.
- Submit the required application materials on or before the deadline.
Required training for a current profession, including continuing education credit, is not eligible. Expenses related to certification or licensures are not eligible. A Selection Committee appointed by the CentraCare Health Foundation will determine whether a course of study is eligible.
The following materials must be complete and returned by the deadline:
- Signed Application Form, Download the application form (Word document)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Enrolled full time and completed first year of the program
- Resume or Biographical Sketch
- Current Transcript
Letter of Recommendation
Two letters of recommendation to be written by a program director, teacher, counselor, and/or employer of the applicant’s choice. Please write a letter of recommendation for the candidate which comments on his/her leadership abilities, initiative, and why this award would be significant to the applicant.
**NOTE** The Selection Committee uses a blind selection process. Please refer to the applicant as “the candidate” or “the applicant”, etc. Do not refer to the applicant by name except at the top of this page. Thank you.
High School Health Care Scholarship
St. Cloud Hospital Halenbeck Fund will award scholarships for the 2015 Fall Semester and 2016 Spring Semester for students pursuing a career in health care. Payment will be made in two installments, directly to the successful applicant’s school. Application deadline is Fri., Mar. 13, 2015.
To learn more, download the application (PDF)
Rosalie Timmers Memorial Scholarship
The family of Rosalie Timmers, along with the St. Cloud Hospital Volunteer Auxiliary will award one $1,000 scholarship and two $500 scholarships for the 2015-2016 academic year for a current or former St. Cloud Hospital Junior Volunteer (minimum of 50 hours served) who is pursuing a career in health care. Payment will be made directly to the successful applicants' school.
Application and materials to be postmarked by May 1, 2015.
Parish Nurse Class Scholarship
The Central Minnesota Parish Nurse Advisory Committee is offering $250 scholarships for persons intending to work as parish nurses in Central Minnesota.
Conditions of the scholarships include:
- The parish nurse role will be activated within 6-9 months of course completion.
- In a brief letter (one page or less), please address how the above criteria will be met in your parish nurse ministry
- Reside in Central Minnesota or have approval from the Central Minnesota Parish Nurse Ministry Committee Officers.
Please complete and return the form
Annette Jesh, FCN
Coordinator for Parish Health Ministry
Diocese of St. Cloud
2055 High Court
Sauk Rapids, MN 56379
Phil & Evelyn Ruggierio CentraCare Health Volunteer Scholarship
The family of Phil and Evelyn Ruggiero will award scholarships for the upcoming school year to current CentraCare Health Volunteers who are pursuing a college degree or program certification. Payment will be made directly to the scholarship recipient’s school. Award may be given to one or two recipients with the amount varied between $2,000- $4,000 each year.
To be eligible for consideration an applicant must:
- Be an active CentraCare Health Volunteer and have volunteered for at least one year;
- Be a currently enrolled college student in an accredited college/technical institution;
- Be 18 years of age or older and successfully completed at least one year of school;
- Have a grade point average of 2.5 or above;
- Demonstrate involvement in community, school or work activities.
Applications will be taken through Oct 31, 2014 with the inaugural award happening Jan 31, 2015.
Download the application (PDF)
School of Nursing Alumni Scholarship
The St. Cloud Hospital Nursing Alumni Scholarship Fund was established to be an ongoing memorial to the school. The purpose of the fund is to support nursing education and recruitment of viable candidates into the profession through financial assistance.
The scholarship is a competitive process. The criteria for selection of candidates established by the Alumni Board with the assistance of the CentraCare Health Foundation are as follows:
- Those graduates of the St. Cloud Hospital School of Nursing who are seeking to further their education or seeking a specialty degree within the field of nursing
- Family members (children / grandchildren) of St. Cloud Hospital School of Nursing alumni
- Applications will be accepted regardless of geographic location of residence
To be eligible for consideration an applicant must be:
- Enrolled in an undergraduate or technical program in the nursing field
- Maintain a grade point average of at least 3.0
- Demonstrate involvement in alumni association, community and/or school activities
Each applicant must:
- Complete an application form
- Attach a current transcript
- Provide a typed essay that outlines the applicant’s career goals and factors that led to choose a health care career
- Provide two letters of reference
- Application to be postmarked by May 8, 2015.
For questions or more information about the Nursing Alumni Scholarship, please contact the CentraCare Health Foundation at 320-240-2810 or email@example.com.