St. Cloud Hospital Gorecki Guest House
Conveniently located across the street from the St. Cloud Hospital, the Gorecki Guest House welcomes family members of patients who are receiving medical care in the St. Cloud community. The house offers a comfortable, homelike atmosphere that allows families the opportunity to stay close to their loved ones.
This beautiful home is maintained by a caring group of St. Cloud Hospital volunteers and staff, who are available to assist guests with their hospitality needs.
Gorecki Guest House is a proud member of the Healthcare Hospitality Network (HHN).
- 12 guest rooms – 10 rooms with 2 twin beds and 2 rooms with 1 queen bed.
- Private baths and localized thermostats – enjoy a private bathroom with a shower and other comforts of home, such as localized thermostats.
- Kitchen and dining rooms to accommodate family meals – a comfortable place to visit with family and other guests.
- A large living room, library, TV room and playroom – when a loved one is ill, you want to be with them, but you also need a place to recuperate and reenergize.
- Convenient location across the street from St. Cloud Hospital – the closer to family the better patients do. Be “at home” across the street, not in a hotel across town.
- Internet access
- Security system
- Laundry area
- Smoke-free environment
- Free parking at the Guest House
We encourage staff to educate the families and loved ones of patients about the convenience and availability of the Gorecki Guest House. Families who stay at the house can find comfort in a peaceful setting knowing they are just footsteps away from their loved ones.
Guest Registration Hours:
Daily 1-10 p.m.
For additional information or room availability, call 320-251-2700, ext. 51774.
Support the Gorecki Guest House
St. Cloud Hospital Gorecki Guest House needs your financial support. We are a home away from home in St. Cloud for patients and their families during a time of medical crisis or serious illness. In 2013, 1,961 patients and their families stayed at the Guest House. The modest room rate is supplemented by gifts from generous benefactors to keep our guests’ stays affordable and comfortable.
Generous donors have given more than $1.5 million toward our $2.5 million goal to build and endow the house.
The operating endowment will help maintain the house and keep room rates affordable.
While the guest fee per night helps defray some of our operating costs, a significant portion of the operational budget is met by donations. The comfort we provide not only impacts those staying at the house, but helps patients in the hospital feel at ease knowing their family members are close by in a secure, welcoming environment.
Please join us with a gift to the guest house. Your gift will help provide an open door, a place of rest, for people traveling long distances to be close to the people they love.
A gift of any amount is important and greatly appreciated. You may donate online or call CentraCare Health Foundation at 320-240-2810.
Our Wish List
- Coffee (regular & decaffeinated)
- Tea (regular & decaffeinated)
- Juice boxes
- Hot chocolate (individual packages)
- Coffee creamers (individual servings)
Individual Serving Items
- Breakfast bars
- Fruit cups
- Pudding cups
- Cold cereal
- Candy (individually wrapped)
- Microwave popcorn
- Paper towels
- Tissue (Kleenex, Puffs)
- Paper plates and bowls
- Paper cups (3 oz.)
- Plastic wrap
- Aluminum foil
- Ziploc bags (snack, sandwich, freezer-quart & gallon)
- Laundry detergent (H.E. powder)
- Fabric softener sheets
- Liquid hand soap (no refills)
- Liquid dish soap
- Dishwasher detergent (individual packets)
- Disinfecting wipes
- Window cleaner
- Trash bags (10 & 13 gallon)
- Bar Keepers Friend (powder)
- Batteries: D, AA, 9V
- Air Freshener (spray)
- Travel-size toiletries
From stores where these items can be purchased
All volunteers of Gorecki Guest House participate in training sessions to become familiar with the services and amenities the house has to offer.
Typical volunteer activities include making arrangements for overnight stays, preparing rooms for new guests and answering questions about services available to guests.
If you are interested in volunteering, please contact us by phone at 320-251-2700, ext. 55638, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you.
There also are opportunities for small volunteer groups to assist with special projects, including yard work, window washing, or “spring cleaning” household chores.
For more information, please call 320-251-2700, ext. 51774, or e-mail email@example.com.
Take a Photo Tour of the Gorecki Guest House